Dear Elementary Media Center
Our library is the educational heart of our school. It is also an important part of a child's education. Our ever-growing collection includes fiction, easy-to-read fiction, non-fiction, biography, and reference books. A comfortable reading area and a generous classroom work space make our Library a special place where students will want to spend time learning and enjoying their favorite books.
BOOK FAIR INFO:
FALL BOOK FAIR
October 7 - 11
October 10 - Family Night: 5pm to 7pm
SPRING BOOK FAIR
Book Care and Checkout Policy Bookcare
- Have clean hands when handling a book.
- Do not eat or drink when reading.
- Turn pages carefully using the upper right corner of each page.
- Use a bookmark do not bend page corners.
- Do not lay books down on open pages.
- Never write, color, or scribble in a book that does not belong to you.
- Keep books away from younger brothers, sisters and pets.
- Have a safe place to put your book so it won't get lost or damaged. We recommend a book bag or high shelf.
- Return books on time
- Protect books in bad weather.
Students may check out one book at a time. Students may return and exchange books at any time. Past due notices for overdue books will be issued at each class time. Lost or damaged books must be paid for or check-out privileges will be revoked.
Dear Library Links
- The New Online Catalog - Choose Dear Elementary to find your books and resources.
- Scholastic Book Wizard - find a book that is "just right" for you!
- Book Fair Online Ordering - this link becomes active just prior to and just after our Scholastic Book Fairs
MORE-Net Resources (may need to login if you are not on the building network)
- Search MORE Net
- Explora - Search for Primary Schoolers
- Explora for Educators - Search for Lessons / Teaching Ideas
- Science Reference Center - Search for Science Topics
- Learning Express Online - Search Careers and Education Topics
- Heritage Quest Online - Search for Genealogy / Ancestors / Families
- Show Me Readers Award Nominee Books - Appropriate for grades 1, 2, and 3
- Show Me Readers Award Books - Link to Missouri Association of School Librarians with more information about the Awards.
- Building Block Picture Book Award Nominee Books - Appropriate for Pre-K and Kindergarten
- Building Block Picture Book Award - awarded by the Missouri Library Association - list of past recipients