Two Scholastic Book Fairs are held each year.
- Fall -
- Spring -
Media Center Information
The purpose of the Media Center at Sunrise Elementary is to support the philosophy of the school, sharing and implementing its aims and objectives. It is the responsibility of the librarian / media specialist to make available to students and teachers a wide variety of information, both print and non-print, to meet instructional and recreational needs. The library media specialist provides library skill instruction for each class on a rotating basis. Students learn to locate and properly use library materials.
Sunrise Media Links
- The Online Catalog - Choose Sunrise to find your books and resources
- How to use the Library Catalog outside the Library
MORE-Net Resources (may need to login if you are not on the building network)
- Search MORE Net
- Explora - Search for Primary Schoolers
- Explora for Educators - Search for Lessons / Teaching Ideas
- Science Reference Center - Search for Science Topics
- Learning Express Online - Search Careers and Education Topics
- Heritage Quest Online - Search for Genealogy / Ancestors / Families
- How to use the MOREnet Databases
Online Library Links
- Library of Congress - Education / Student Research
- Scholastic Book Wizard - find a book that is 'just right' for you!
- Book Fair Online Ordering (available just prior and just after our own Book Fair Week)
Missouri Association of School Librarians Awards
- Show Me Readers Award Nominee Books - appropriate for grades 1, 2, and 3
- Mark Twain Readers Award Nominee Books - appropriate for grades 4, 5, and 6
- Readers Award Books - Link to Missouri Association of School Librarians with more
information about the awards
- Sunrise Elementary Library Wiki - a page developed for your enjoyment by Mrs Crook.
- Lexile Book Checking - find the reading level of books
- Your Next Read - a website that helps you choose books based on what you like to read.
- Ray County Library Poster Contest Winners